8.07.2010

Mapbooking


As seen in the July 2010 edition of Marth Stewart Living - I cannot find a link to the article, so I'll do my best to explain.


Weed out all the maps that are no longer valid (old maps, things change) and use them in scrapbooks to display photos. This method works nicely to commemorate a trip. You can use them as borders with photo corners (think matte), as the page background or as an envelope (trace another envelope for size) to hold mementos that you want to keep loose but secure.
A fun spin on this would be to make envelopes for mailing - just use mailing labels for addresses, or if the map is light-colored, try using a dark permanent marker so the mailing address is visible.
I'm going to try both of these ideas before the summer is over! I better get on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment