12.23.2009

Fishing



From the book Creative Play for your toddler, I got the idea to make a fishing pole and fish for Atticus. I made six fish, 4 of them from felt which is the better of the two materials I chose because it does not fray, and 2 from cotton/poly blend which I did not hem. On each fish, I sewed two eyes using different buttons, just for fun. I also sewed a small washer to the area where the mouth would be that will stick to the magnet on the fishing pole.

For the pole, I could have purchased a dowel from a hardware store, but I found a branch in someone's yard that was just the right shape for a fishing pole and used that instead. I attached some yarn to the stick for the line and attached a round magnet with a hole in it to the yarn for the "hook".

Atticus like the fishing pole, perhaps not as much as I'd like him to, but hey, he's 3. He needs to move on.


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/23/2009

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my second attempt at a comment. First one did not work. What a fun mom you are! You guys have made some cute projects. I'm happy to be your first follower! Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/01/2010

    I love this project. The fish are fantastic and the pole is too! I told her she could sell them.

    I have had a lot of difficulties posting comments too.

    Will

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/01/2010

    I had to turn off my pop-up blocker to comment.

    Will

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jess, for being persistent and posting even though it was a pain! Thanks for being my follower, too! Hope you enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/27/2010

    Rebecca,

    What a totally cool idea. I was just checking out this book online and was looking into borrowing it from the library. The book is Waldork inspired, correct? I'm interested in learning how to do wet felting? Are your fish felted?

    Mary

    ReplyDelete