11.21.2009

Sunflower seeds come from sunflowers!


Atticus helped me do some gardening today. Until recently, I couldn't really take him in the front yard with me unless I intended to keep my eye on him every second. Today we were very productive. He helped put weeds in the waste container and even practiced using the pruning shears with my careful supervision.

A while back we planted some sunflower seeds. A LONG while back. Well, they finally germinated about 2 months ago, and have since died. One was still standing, leaning over from the weight of it's head, brown and dead. I saw that the seeds were right there on the surface and ready to be shaken out, so I showed Atticus and he was excited! I suggested he dig a little hole and plant the seeds. I ended up digging the hole, but he did plant them, cover the back up and water them. It was fun to watch him learning :)




No comments:

Post a Comment